What is this?
The response to the white house petition on metrication stated, "In our voluntary system, it is the consumers who have the power to make this choice. [...] So choose to live your life in metric if you want, and thank you for signing on." Our challenge is to give it a try, make the switch for one month.
OK, So how do I do it?
October (the 10th month of the year) has been designated as the month for the Metric Month Challenge. We encourage you to switch as much as possible over to metric. For instance, you can:
- Set any digital appliances to metric (such as scales, ovens, thermometers, & thermostats)
- Cook in metric with liters and grams
- Set your GPS to kilometers
- Set your weather apps or webpages to use metric
- Keep track of your weight in kilograms
- Memorize your height in metric